Effective organizations need effective leaders. In this highly global competitive society all organizations need to stay competitive to survive. And, there is no better way to do this, but to develop your leadership skills to give you a cutting edge against the competition.
This engaging one-day leadership workshop will help you accomplish this goal. The workshop includes proven strategies and techniques to advance your leadership knowledge and skills. It focuses on further developing the skills in managing people, improving productivity, efficiency, and profitability.
Who should attend:
This workshop is ideal for aspiring leadership professionals, recently promoted people to a leadership position and people in seasoned leadership positions who desire to refresh their skills and acquire new knowledge. It is designed for all industries: public and private, technology, health care, insurance, manufacturing, finance, and more. Whether you are a first-line supervisor or in middle management this workshop is for you.
How you will benefit:
- Develop actual “leadership coaching” skills that get results and build true teamwork.
- Learn and adapt your leadership style that promotes trust and achieves increased productivity, efficiency, and profitability.
- Apply your style to the person and situation that empowers people and gets results.
- Achieve greater insights into your leadership style and impact on people and the organization.
- Improve your communication skills in achieving your vision and goals for the organization.
- Learn how to better manage stressful situations and get the most out of people.
The Illinois Institute of Technology Leadership Development Workshop objectives include:
- Develop skills in building teamwork, communications, and handling conflicts.
- Learn new strategies of leadership and management.
- Build skills in handling discipline, coaching, handling multiple priorities.
- Further develop skills in performance appraisals, and strategic planning.
- Hands-on Workshop with several discussion, self-assessments, role plays, and synergistic activities.
- Provides a combination of meaningful content with a mixture of entertainment.
- Provide opportunities for the participants to build upon their leadership knowledge and skills.
What will be covered:
Leadership and Motivation
- Leading and Motivating People
- Strategies to motivate and improve performance
- Managing and Resolving Conflicts
- Building Teamwork and Collaboration
Strategic and Transformational Leadership
- Developing a strategic plan that gets results
- Developing meaningful goal
Managing the Diverse Workforce
- Managing diverse people---age, ethnicity, race, gender, etc
- Understanding values, interpersonal communications and human relations
- Negotiating and communicating with employees
- Coaching and Managing Performance Management
- Understanding legal aspects in performance matters
- Handling discipline and performance issues
- Giving constructive feedback
Managing Multiple Priorities
- Handling stress effectively
- Managing time
- Planning and organizing effectively
Understanding Your Style as a Leader
- Understanding your leadership style and impact on others
- Learning how to become more effective as a leader
- Achieving respect and appreciation as a leader
FACILITATOR: DON TOMAL PH.D
Don Tomal Ph.D, is a former corporate vice president, consultant, professor at Purdue University and currently teaches at the Illinois Institute of Technology. He was voted the outstanding faculty by the students and faculty at Purdue University in Engineering and Technology, and at IIT.
His expertise is in electrical engineering, leadership, and business development. He has consulted for over 100 corporations and organizations such as Lucent Technologies, TDK, Siemens, Fuji, Whirlpool, Zurich, AT&T, USX, Marathon Oil, Crest Engineering, Chicago Public Schools, Cadence Health Care, Emerson Aerospace, and Rush Hospital.
He has testified before the United States Congress, authored 19 books and over 200 articles and studies and received the CHOICE award for outstanding academic books by the American Library Association. He has made guest appearances on many national television shows such as CBS This Morning, NBC Cover to Cover, Les Brown, Tom Snyder, Chicago Talks, 700 Club, and the Joan River’s Show.
Below is the one-day schedule for the workshop. Lunch will be provided.
9:00 - 9:15
Introduction to the course and review of course objectives
9:15 - 10:30
Coaching, Motivating, and Managing Performance
10:30 - 10:45
10:45 - 12:00
Managing Diverse Employees and Giving Constructive Feedback
12:00 - 1:00
1:00 - 2:30
Managing Multiple Priorities, Stress, Planning and Organizing
2:30 - 2:45
2:45 - 4:00
Handling Conflicts, Building Teamwork, and Your Leadership Style
December 13, 2017 (9AM-4PM) Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Illinois Institute of Technology
201 East Loop Rd
Wheaton, IL 60189
$395 per person
Please contact Mary LaFleur at firstname.lastname@example.org or (630) 682-6030.
WE CAN ALSO BRING THIS WORKSHOP TO YOUR COMPANY, CUSTOMIZED FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION!